Quilt-Pro for Windows
With Quilt-Pro, there are no limits to your quilting creativity. See how Quilt-Pro can create any quilt you can imagine!
Start with our Unique “Design Wall”
Having Quilt-Pro is like having a magical design wall: right inside your computer! With Quilt-Pro, you can place a block, a quilt, or just a single piece of fabric any where you want. Place blocks next to each other, turn blocks, or work on two blocks at the same time: Even create a quilt and a block. With Quilt-Pro, you have the freedom to design as you like!
Change your mind without starting over–Creating Quilts
With Quilt-Pro, it’s so easy to create quilts: it’s also easy to change your mind! Instantly change a quilt from straight to a diagonal layout with just a few clicks, no need to start all over again or create a new quilt.
Use our Quilt Wizard to create quilts with straight, on-point, diagonal, baby-blocks or hexagonal layouts. Preview your quilt as you change the size, the number of blocks and add borders and sashes. You can also create medallion quilts and add bindings and layers.
Or, start with any one of the 80 Sample Quilts in the Quilt Gallery and make it your own!
Need Inspiration? Explore our block library!
Choose from over 2500 blocks in our block library. Our block and fabric libraries are always waiting for you. Just click once and start exploring.
Choose any block from the library, change it up and keep it as your own. Add your favorite blocks to “My Favorites” to return to them easily. Search for blocks by name with the Handy search button.
Need Fabric? Explore our fabric library!
Color your blocks with over 3000 “classic” fabrics from our library. Explore fabrics by color, pattern, or manufacturer.
Favorite Fabrics feature allows you to create a personal collection of your own fabrics within the Fabric Library. Use this feature to save time looking for your favorite fabrics.
We also have free downloads of the latest fabric collections so that you can always keep your fabrics up to date. Fabrics are available from quiltpro.com
Want to use your own fabrics? It’s easy to scan in your own fabrics with our fabric scanning wizard.
How much fabric to buy? Calculate Yardage
What quilt design program would be complete without calculating yardage? With Quilt-Pro you can calculate yardage for a single block or an entire quilt. Preview and print your results. You can even sneak in extra fabric with our “fudge factor”. Add in an extra 1/8 to ¼ yard for each fabric. You can also calculate the fabric you’ll need for quilt backings and binding. Leave the math to us!
How do you want to make your quilt? Strip-Piecing, paper-piecing, templates? With Quilt-Pro, print patterns any way you like!
Use our one-stop Print Center to make your choice. Choose Strip-piecing charts, paper-piecing foundations or templates. You can also print pictures of your blocks. Print outlines of blocks and quilts for hand-coloring. Last, but not least, print outlines of blocks for English Paper Piecing.
Preview any printout before you print.
Export images and SVG Files
Need to add a quilt block to your newsletter or other publication? You can easily export any Quilt-Pro file in the following formats: Bitmap, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF or Windows Metafile. Or copy and paste directly from Quilt-Pro into your favorite program.
New! Import and Export SVG files
Now you can also import any SVG file into Quilt-Pro.
Export any Quilt-Pro shape or block as an SVG file, ready to use in your cutting machine!
More Cool Features!
Change the look of your blocks and quilts with outlines: Choose thin lines, dashed lines, thick lines, or no lines at all! You can even change the color of the outlines!
Print colored paper-piecing patterns—Quilt-Pro let’s you choose your own colors for a completely customized pattern.
Add text to any block—right on the design wall. Create your own instructions for a class, or just notes to yourself
Use the Round Arranger tool for beautiful quilting stencils from simple shapes.
What is Quilt-Pro?
Quilt-Pro is our premium quilt design software. Quilt-Pro has an extensive range of features to help you draw pieced blocks, applique blocks, quilting stencils and foundation blocks. You can also create any kind of quilt, including traditional pieced quilts, applique quilts, hexagonal, “baby block”, and even free-form landscape style quilts. Quilt-Pro also enables you to place embroidery and photos on blocks and quilts.
Quilt-Pro easily prints foundations, rotary-cutting charts and templates to sew your quilt. You can also print fabric charts to estimate how much fabric you will need.
Quilt-Pro has all the features you need to visualize any quilting idea and make it a reality!
- Design wall setup allows you to move blocks anywhere on the design wall
- Magnify quilts to easily view details.
- Quilt-Pro Assistant provides instant help: hover mouse on tool for instant help.
- Choose from 8 layout styles: Straight, on-point, baby blocks, freeform, medallion and two styles of diagonal and hexagonal.
- Create custom sized or standard size quilts
- Unlimited number of blocks and size of blocks
- Make quilts with square or rectangular blocks
- Create Sampler Quilts
- Create alternating block quilts
- Rotate and Flip blocks
- Move and Copy Blocks
- Magnify quilts for detailed viewing
- Add and calculate binding
Borders & Sashes
- Add up to 10 borders
- Choose plain or pieced borders
- Choose from 4 border corner styles, mitered, corner block, horizontal or vertical
- Add blocks to borders to create pieced borders
- Special library of pieced border and sash designs.
- Add inner and outer sashes
- Set blocks into cornerstones and rows for pieced sashes.
- Draw any shape with the drawing tools including squares, triangles, circles and custom shapes such as polygons.
- Draw curves such as arcs and bezier curves for applique and quilting designs.
- Four drawing grids: standard, circular, isometric and eight-pointed star
- Adjust standard drawing grid from 1/16″ up. Change grid color
- Make and save your own custom drawing grids
- Rotary Cutter tool splits shapes into smaller shapes, just like a real rotary cutter.
- Add Patch Guidelines to assist you in drawing blocks
- New Tools to create blocks without drawing: Block Frames, Magic Mirror,
- Block Twister and Round Arranger.
- Snapshot blocks made with the Block Frame, Magic Mirrir, Block Twister and Round Arranger tools.
- Print foundations, templates and rotary-cutting charts of any block.
- Print Yardage Calculation for any quilt
- Preview foundations, templates, rotary-cutting charts and yardage calculations before you print.
- Print pictures of any block or quilt
- Library of over 1500 pieced blocks
- Blocks can be rotary cut or foundation pieced
- Create your own collection of Favorite Blocks
- View current and recent blocks.
- Search for blocks by name
- Import blocks daily from the Block of the Day
- Import blocks from any Foundation Factory program
Fabrics and Fabric Library
- Library of over 3000 fabrics
- View fabrics by color, pattern, manufacturer or theme
- Library of over 1000 solid colors
- Scan your own fabrics with the Scan Wizard
- Create your own collection of Favorite fabrics
- View current and recent fabrics
- View fabrics in quilt at actual size or scaled down.
- Import new fabrics free from quiltpro.com website
- Scoot and Rotate tool allows you to move and rotate fabrics within a patch.
- Add quilting stencils to quilts with layers feature
- Import images for tracing
- Patch Stamp Library of flowers and other motifs for applique
- Round Arranger tool easily converts applique motifs into full blocks
- Write text with the Text tool for handouts and notes
- Foundation Wizard easily converts any block into a foundation block.
- Customize Toolbar by adding or removing tools.
Why do I need to Activate?
Activation unlocks the program for you to use through your internet connection. Once you are activated, you no longer need to be connected to the internet to use Quilt-Pro.
When do I Activate Quilt-Pro?
The first time you open Quilt-Pro you will be asked to activate.
How do I Activate Quilt-Pro?
Activation is simple: When you open the program for the first time, select the Internet option and fill in the following information: name, e-mail address and serial number. You can copy the serial number from your order confirmation e-mail. You will only need to fill out this information once.
Do I need the Internet to Activate?
Yes you need the internet to activate. If the computer where Quilt-Pro is installed does not have an internet connection, you may contact us to activate the program manually.
Once you have permanently activated, you do not need to be connected to the Internet to use Quilt-Pro
What if I can’t activate?
If you have any problems activating Quilt-Pro, please e-mail using the contact page or call Quilt-Pro tech support at (972) 625-0819. We can help you activate the program.
How many activations do I get?
Each customer will receive 3 activations. If you have computer problems and need an additional activation, please contact Quilt-Pro Systems.
My computer crashed and I lost my serial number: Now I can’t re-activate Quilt-Pro; what can I do?
You can call or e-mail Quilt-Pro Systems to ask for your serial number. All serial numbers are kept on file and you must be on our list of customers to receive the serial number. To avoid having to call, please write down your serial number and keep it in a safe place.
Can I install Quilt-Pro on another computer that I own, such as my notebook computer?
Yes, however, installing Quilt-Pro on your notebook computer will count as one of your activations. Each time you install Quilt-Pro, you must activate it by typing in your serial number.
- Windows 2000, Win XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- Video Dispay 800 x 600 or larger
- Hard drive: 800 MB available space
- Ram Memory: 1mb
- DSL or cable internet connection for downloading and activation